Sunday, July 6, 2008

To be a guest-star

I've been to eight cities in ten days, put over eight-hundred miles on my car and nearly twenty hot dogs into my belly. Don't get me wrong I love my job, I love covering the Valley League, and I love the fact that all eleven stadiums offer a wide variety of ball-park delicacies. But I needed some rest. 

I had planned on a night off -- one that would involve a home cooked meal and Boondock Saints -- not one with another baseball game. It was around four in the afternoon when I got the call and found out that the Waynesboro Generals new ace pitcher, Daniel Bradshaw, would be making his Valley League debut later in the evening.  Of course I was intrigued, and decided to put off the personal night to see the Louisiana State ace show off his stuff.

There I was chomping down my loaded nachos and hot dog combo dinner, enjoying the game as a spectator when I got called up to the broadcast booth by my boss Chip Crabill to help call the game.  

Then in the middle of the fourth inning the news broke. "Well congratulations Sean, I'm sure you know the news by now," Chip says to me. I did not have the slightest clue to what he was referring to, when I asked congrats about what he tells me that I am going to be the guest-star on the Chris and Dave sports talk show.

Or maybe it's the Dave and Chris Sports talk show, either way I'm incredibly honored -- and nervous. Never did I think I'd be a 'guest-star' on an actual ESPN sports talk show.

The interview is planned to be taped later this week and air on Monday July 14th. The show airs 6-7 p.m. monday nights on ESPN 1240 "The Boss" 

Wish me luck and hope that I don't go down as one of those morons or ninkapoops who make their five minutes of fame through one interview. 






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Young I realize this has happened already but best of luck